Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve
My Carrier: O2

Calls to external resources slow or blocked

FIrst, apologies if this has been asked and answered but I have not found the answer here.

I have created a WebWorks application using JQuery and JQuery Mobile. It has a few calls to a web service (via AJAX) and utilises Google maps JavaScript API. It runs perfectly in Ripple, in different emulators and on my BlackBerry Curve which is on the O2 network. However, it does not run properly on a BlackBerry Torch 9850. Both the Torch and Curve are running the same OS version.

The problems start whenever the app has to access the internet to make AJAX calls and especially when trying to load Google maps. The device is on Vodafone and I get different results depending on the combination of wi-fi and carrer settings. For example, with carrier off and wi-fi on the basic AJAX calls work but Google maps does not and nothing works with both carrier and wi-fi on.

Therefore I believe the issue is not the device or the OS but the carrier (Vodafone in this case) and possibly its proxy.

If anyone has information that might be relevant it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Clive Howard