Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

Camera capture listener

Hello

Is there any listener to listen camera capture just like a filejournallistener in blackberry java development.

thanx

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: All
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Camera capture listener

Hello,

Could you explain a little more in depth about what exactly you'd like to be able to do with your application?

Chad

Highlighted
Developer
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

Re: Camera capture listener

I'm not aware of the BlackBerry OS/device your request is about, but if your post is for BB10 to use the camera inline to take pictures or make a video you can write an extension to do so or wait until BB10 is out. For now there is only the way to use the API functionality explained for the blackberry.media.camera to open the camera app, take a picture or video and get back the local path in your app where it was stored on the device.

So this isn't really capturing like you may want it, isn't it. In HTML5 one can use the getUserMedia functionality when it will be ready in BB10 in the future. For now you will need to write an extension for such behaviour, as far as I know, to use the camera view inline in your app.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.