Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodacom
Accepted Solution

Can a WebWorks app get secured, obfuscated or something to prevent access to code?

Hi

Can a WebWorks standalone app get secured, obfuscated or something to prevent unwanted access to underlying code.

tnx

.H

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Can a WebWorks app get secured, obfuscated or something to prevent access to code?

Hi Heiko,

You can use the tradional ways of obfuscating/minifying your JavaScript code to help protect your application's assets.  Similar steps would be made for the same tasks on a traditional web site.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Can a WebWorks app get secured, obfuscated or something to prevent access to code?

Thanx

will need to read up on it - come from a C++ background.

Looking forward to your Native SDK/API release Smiley Happy

.H 

Eir
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: asdf

What about something closer to traditional apps protection? If someone just copy-pastes the whole code, regardless of the obfuscation, and can use it locally, than he could easily repackage it and offer it as his own product on a handful of HTML5 supporting marketplaces, without even needing to touch any of the code.

http://eir3.com