Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: Software Developer

Can we run Sencha Touch native application for playbook on iPad or Android Tablet

Hi All,

I am developing an native application for playbook using sencha touch framework with WebWorks developement environment,, i want to know can i run that same application on iPad and Android Galaxy Tablet devices.

Thanks to All

Developer
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

Re: Can we run Sencha Touch native application for playbook on iPad or Android Tablet

Yes, you can. Sencha touch was developed primarely for iOS (the look and feel is the same), was adapted for Android (works pretty well) and finally was updated to work on Blackberry smartphones.

It works pretty well on the Playbook, although it's not detected as a tablet and thus contains no specific optimisations.

So if your app works well on the Playbook, it should work very well on iPads. Just make sure you're using relative measurements in your CSS to make sure that the interface can adapt to the different screen resolutions.

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.