08-13-2012 06:10 PM - edited 08-13-2012 06:52 PM
Hi, has anyone successfully been able to access the Internet *via a proxy server* from a BlackBerry Simulator? (e.g. I'm using the Torch 9810, V7.1).
My app needs to access the Internet, and I need to go through a proxy.
Here’s my setup on Win XP SP3:
1) Torch 9810 Simulator (OS V22.214.171.1246)
2) Email and MDS Simulator (version 126.96.36.199).
3) Configured MDS rimpublic.property to use a proxy server, as per RIM's instructions (http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/li
application.handler.http.proxyEnabled = true
application.handler.http.proxyHost=[my proxy server domain]
application.handler.http.proxyPort=[my proxy port]
application.handler.http.proxyUser=[my domain id in <domain>\<id> format]
- Started MDS (ensured no port conflicts in the console messages)
- Started 9810 Simulator.
- In the 9810, opened up the web browser and tried to access an internet website.
- Error message: "Unable to connect to the Internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider."
- Trying to access internal websites works correctly though (i.e. not going through the proxy).
I've also tried tried using our auto proxy config .PAC without success:
application.handler.http.proxyAutoConfig = true
The same result was observed with other BB Simulators (e.g. 9300 Curve).
Am I missing something?
08-29-2012 11:20 AM
Hi srsaran, thanks for the reply and tip.
I installed MDS 4.1.4 and the simulator cannot access the internet through our proxy.
I wonder if you'd mind sharing what settings you used? (in rimpublic.property). Thanks...