Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Turkcell
Accepted Solution

Cannot connect to internet

I'm trying to call a web service with $.ajax() even I have:

<access subdomains="true" uri="*"/>

in my config but falls in to error.

Is there any thing to do?

Developer
My Device: Simulator
My Carrier: Developer

Re: Cannot connect to internet

Inorder to connect to the internet you need to install MDS 1st

download "Blackberry Email and MDS service simulator package" from here

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=996009F2374006606F4C0B0FDA878AF1

after instillation go to eclipse and click on "Windows" menu and open "preference"

goto blackberry tab -> service

and in there you can see MDS path browse the path where you installed MDS

Capture.PNG

now if you run your project you should be able to see a command prompt running along with blackberry simulator

if that command prompt comes it means that you successfully installed MDS you can access internet now

open browser in the simulator and check

if you are not using eclipse then

go to place where you installed MDS and run "run.bat" file before stating the blackberry simulator

now a command prompt will start then start the blackberry siimulator and you should be able to access internet inside the simulator

go and check it by opening

NOTE: If you can access internet in your web browser inside simulator but if you are unable to do so inside your appliaction then that means that your proxy is blocking the simulator ... contact the administrator in your office and ask him to give you exception. (I faced with same problem and it took me 2 days to figure out that proxy is blocking my application requests)

Contributor

Thank you for your reply but I'm not using Eclipse. 

I'm writing codes on notepad and compile it with bbwp...

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

kaansengul wrote:

Thank you for your reply but I'm not using Eclipse. 

I'm writing codes on notepad and compile it with bbwp...

if you are not using eclipse or just command line bbwp, try to find the mds folderin your Blackberry Webworks path (usually at \Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Widget Packager\mds),

after you find the folder, find run.bat file then run it.

Developer
My Device: Simulator
My Carrier: Developer

i already said in my post read it completly

"if you are not using eclipse then

go to place where you installed MDS and run "run.bat" file before stating the blackberry simulator

now a command prompt will start then start the blackberry siimulator and you should be able to access internet inside the simulator

go and check it by opening

NOTE: If you can access internet in your web browser inside simulator but if you are unable to do so inside your appliaction then that means that your proxy is blocking the simulator ... contact the administrator in your office and ask him to give you exception. (I faced with same problem and it took me 2 days to figure out that proxy is blocking my application requests)"

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Still same.

What I'm doing is:

1) Zip files

2) Buid it via command line: bbwp.exe "###.zip" -g "password"

3)Open simulator > File > Load Java Program > Select StandardInstall\###.cod

Tried in BB 9700 OS 5.0 Simulator, BB 9700 OS 6.0 Simulator and BB 9700...

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: MTN

onelord2002 and agungeddy already gave you a solution to the problem. You did not take your time to read and understand it.

For your simulator to have access to the internet, you need to simulate MDS.

1. go to Now go to https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=996009F2374006606F4C0B0FDA878AF1 

2. From the drop down mneu, select and download Blackberry Email and MDS Services Simulator Package.

3. After download, install the application.

4. After installation go to the installation directory C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK x.x.x.xx\mds

Note: replce x.x.x.xx with the version of Blackberry Webworks SDK installed on  your computer.

5. Double click on run or run.bat. Which ever of the two you find in that directory.

Now you can open your simulators and start testing your applications. It should be able to access the internet now.

Contributor

Hahaha Smiley Happy

Check this: "Tried in BB 9700 OS 5.0 Simulator, BB 9700 OS 6.0 Simulator and BB 9700..."

That is this problem is not only in simulator. I'm also facing it with in a real device. I've checked the service address (from device also). Do you think there could be problem with signing app? Since I've changed my device and notices after 1 week.

Today I will try to build it in my old device. 

Retired
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Just wanted to add a clarification here, MDS is included in the webworks SDK in the mds folder, no extra download is required.

If the app opens then its unlikely to be related to signing.

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
Contributor

Solved!

The problem is related to the cross domain issue who uses jQuery 1.5

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5241088/jquery-call-to-webservice-returns-no-transport-error

thanks for all!