Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Cannot sign application - failed to find signing key file: author.p12

Hi,

I have created some phonegap projects and was able to build and deploy on my new device Z10 till yesterday.

Now, today, i just wanted to change one line of my code in HTML file and build and deploy. Build succeeded BUT load-device failed.

I tried the same process with other projects, where i didnot change anything, and the same deployment issue.

I do not understand, what is the issues. I have gone through almost all groups and forums and tried the whole signing process also, BUT no use.

I stiil get the same error...

[exec] [ERROR] Cannot sign application - failed to find signing key file: author.p12

[exec] Error: File does not exist or not a file or cannot read: filepath\appname.bar

I have verified the file exists in the D:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.4.11\dependencies\tools\bin AND C:\Documents and Settings\<loginid>\Local Settings\Application Data\Research In Motion.

PLEASE HELP...

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Cannot sign application - failed to find signing key file: author.p12

Do you share your signing keys with anyone?  Could someone else have expired the password?  If you only changed code within your application, it should not affect your environment / code signing keys.  I'd expect anoither factor could be the culprit.

How are you building - using Ripple extension , or from a command line prompt? 

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Cannot sign application - failed to find signing key file: author.p12

Command line. As explained in the phonegap for blackberry support. I used the example project as the base and then updated tje projext properties. And i just five the command of .ant qnx loaddevice after the .ant qnx build. Command. Nobody else has access to my system. And i had just xreated the keys and everyrhing just hrs ago when they worked and in the morning once i get up and tried to change alittle code then it stopped working bur ofcourse i restarted the system. Otherwise nothing else changed