Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: T Mobile

Cannot sign application - failed to find signing keys

I'm trying to sign my first playbook app with a debug token and I've followed all the instructions but when I use ripple to sign the application I get an error saying

"Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: [ERROR] Cannot sign application - failed to find signing keys"

I generated the key files (author.p12, barsigner.csk, barsigner.db) in the default location of "C:\Documents and Settings\<my username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Research In Motion".

Any suggestions?

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Cannot sign application - failed to find signing keys

What does %HOMEPATH% resolve to on your PC?  Does it point to the c:\Documents and Settings\myusername directory where your key files are located?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: VMS Mobifone

I also get this problem. I test my %HOMEPATH% is right directory 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

I generated the key files (author.p12, barsigner.csk, barsigner.db) in the default location of "C:\Documents and Settings\<my username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Research In Motion".

If you are using a machine with multiple user accounts (common with Windows), it is possible that the code signing keys were installed to the location of one user account, but bbwp.exe is being run via the identify of another (and is looking in the wrong place).

For instance, in Windows 7 my keys are here:

C:\Users\astanley\AppData\Local\Research In Motion

Make sure you copy all of the author.p12, barsigner.csk and barsigner.db files into the right location.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.