10-31-2012 04:01 AM
I've a question about the WebWorks development, precisely about the use of HTML SELECT.
I'm doing the porting of the app "MA4Producteev" from smartphone to playbook platform.
My configuration is BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 188.8.131.52 and my playbook's OS is 184.108.40.2068.
I have a HTML form, within it there're some static SELECT and other input field (text, datetime).
An example of a SELECT is (copied from the source):
<div class="value" id="deadlineInfoStars">
<option value="1">1 Star </option>
<option value="2">2 Stars</option>
<option value="3">3 Stars</option>
<option value="4">4 Stars</option>
<option value="5">5 Stars</option>
No panel with the options appears and the app doesn't answer to any events, I can only close it.
My sensation is that the app is waiting that user choose a options, but these are not visibile.
May be that the options's panel is at the bottom of the DIV's stack?
However, after restarting the app (not the playbook) and after clicking on the same SELECT it works. Rarely it goes on error twice.
Any further idea o work-around?
10-31-2012 02:01 PM
I created a jsbin for this:
I've been testing on my own PlayBook (220.127.116.118) but no matter how much I click, I'm not seeing the issue. I tested both in the browser and in a WebWorks application.
I realize you mentioned it was in a WebWorks app, but I just want to confirm as well whether you're seeing it in the browser directly.
10-31-2012 02:15 PM
Tnx for the answer!
When I run the app in the chrome ripple extension it works fine. Never experienced the bug.
It happens randomly and only when I test the app on my playbook.
This is the main reason why I can't understand what's happened…
Your jsbin is working fine: I'm testing it with the playbook browser.
If you want I'll send you the .bar asap. For me no problem.
10-31-2012 02:21 PM
11-01-2012 06:57 AM
I found the solution, it was documented in the forum .....
The problem was inside file config.xml.
By removing the attribute onFirstLaunch="true" from the rim:loadingScreen then everything works fine
Here the link to documentation:
Excuse me if I didn't found it before and I made you waste time.
11-01-2012 10:18 AM
Questions are what we're here for. I'm glad you managed to figure it out. I actually hadn't seen that issue before so didn't know the answer myself. Now we're both smarter for the future
In my sample, I hadn't included a loading screen (just used a basic config.xml) which makes sense of why I didn't get the issue then. Good to know!