Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Code signing/backup questions

I'm preparing to release my application and want to ensure that, in future, I can issue rebuilds and upgrades even if I have to rebuild my machine (running Windows - this isn't that unlikely).    I'd also like to be able to build on another machine (my laptop) if needed.   Anybody know exactly what the critical file/files are to back up?   Is it as simple as making sure sigtool.p12 is retained and then installing it under new csj files from RIM?

Developer
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

Re: Code signing/backup questions

Puzzling wrote:

I'm preparing to release my application and want to ensure that, in future, I can issue rebuilds and upgrades even if I have to rebuild my machine (running Windows - this isn't that unlikely).    I'd also like to be able to build on another machine (my laptop) if needed.   Anybody know exactly what the critical file/files are to back up?   Is it as simple as making sure sigtool.p12 is retained and then installing it under new csj files from RIM?

Hi. You can use you signing keys on another PC as well. Only install and set up all the SDK stuff you need and then copy+paste the signing keys on the other PC to the same folder to go on with your development on this PC. For me it works really well, I'm working on a PC and when I'm on the way or at home working with the Laptop on same projects.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Code signing/backup questions

[ Edited ]

How to backup and restore signing keys:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Backup-and-Restore-BlackBerry-Code-Sig...

Once you have the required files it is as simple as copying them to the new location (or machine) to use them. I have my keys on a MacBook Pro & Windows desktop at the moment.

--
Rory (@roryboy)
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful