Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: 9000
Accepted Solution

Community API - PlayBook Barcode

Hi,

i'm trying a playbook extension "Barcode" https://github.com/blackberry/WebWorks-Community-APIs/tree/master/Tablet/Barcode but the app doesn't work. I have a lot of errors, when i click on

"Test Namespaces" ->BB ns:[object Object] -> blackberry-media ns:undefined -> Error with namespace: TypeError: result of expression 'blackberry.media'[undefined] is not an object.

when i click on "Decode Barcode" -> Error occured when scanning barcode: TypeError:Result of expression 'blackberry.media'[undefined] is not an object..

I think the blackberry.media object is not available on playbook (os 1.0) , where is error Smiley Happy ?

cu

UserNeo 

Retired
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Community API - PlayBook Barcode

Did you copy the extension into the "ext" folder of your tablet SDK?

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
New Developer
My Device: 9000

Hi, i forget to copy the js dir to ext\ , now works perfect Smiley Happy thx & cu UserNeo
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Hi,

I am developing the same thing on smartphone bold 9930.

i have imported the barcode in ext folder. can you please tell me how to proceed after this

how should i obtain .cod to run this one.

quick help wil be appreciated.