Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Compare BB Browser Versions

Hello,  Sorry if this questions has been asked before but is there a chart somewhere which compares various BB browser versions which have shipped with BB phones.  The chart should compare capabilities like, CSS support, Javascript support, table support, cache, etc. etc.

Thanks.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Compare BB Browser Versions

There isn't a chart, but the BlackBerry Browser Content Developers Guides do list what is supported for the various versions of BlackBerry handheld software.  You can find them here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/docs/subcategories/?userType=21&category=BlackBerry+Browser

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
New Developer

Thanks for the reference.

I found the developer guide there for BB V4.3, but no details on what is or is not supported in other versions.

Specifically useful would be information on what is supported in V4.2 as that is what is running on most of the phones I have surveyed.

Where can we find this information?

Matt 

New Developer

Oops!

Just checked again and 4.2 was there.  Is this where 4.5 asnd 4.6 documentation will show up?

Is there more in-depth documentation somewhere on your JavaScript support?  The createTextNode() is not documented here.  The call was part of the 1.0 DOM specification in 1997, and shows up as 'native code' in 4.2, but hangs when called.

Matt 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

there is a knowledge base about 4.6 here :

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15466&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Future documentation on recent BlackBerry Browser versions will also be posted there.
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.