Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: BB Torch
My Carrier: Verizon

Compiled App MUCH Slower THAN via Browser on Same Phone

[ Edited ]

I created a Webworks javascript app that isn't too heavy.  I loaded it up on the BB simulator 9850, running OS 7.  

I first accessed the app from the simulator's browser and it was pretty smooth.

Then I compiled it using Ripple into a .cod file and installed it into the sim.  It's about 50% slower and takes 5-10 seconds to register screen touches!

What gives? Please help. Was going to submit our app to Appworld today because everything worked well when accessed through browser. I never thought there would be THIS much of a performance difference between installed app and browser-run on the same phone. 

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Compiled App MUCH Slower THAN via Browser on Same Phone

The simulator is slow, or at least it was the last time I used it, so this isn't surprising. If you don't have access to a device, I'd suggest not to worry too much about it.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor
My Device: BB Torch
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for the reassurance, mate.  That's what someone told me earlier but I still felt pretty shaky and not confident about the app's performance on certain devices.  Guess I'll just submit it to Appworld and see what happens Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

If you want to speed up the simulator by up to %1130, I'd recommend enabling virtualization:

https://developer.blackberry.com/develop/simulator/simulator_systemrequirements.html

More info here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/develop/simulator/simulator_improving_performance.html

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.