Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Compiling Error

Hello,

I downloaded everything for the WebWorks for the Playbook and now try to compile the sketchPadStandard.zip file using:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\bbwp>bbwp.exe sketchPadStandard.zip

but that gives me this:

[INFO]                  Parsing command line options
[INFO]                  Parsing bbwp.properties
[INFO]                  Validating WebWorks archive
[INFO]                  Parsing config.xml
[WARNING]               Failed to find a <feature> elem
[INFO]                  Populating application source
[INFO]                  Compiling WebWorks application
C:\Users\fabian\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.1550207595
 undefined property location through a reference with s

var url:String = qnxEvent.locat
                                                  ^

C:\Users\fabian\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.1550207595
ents:LocationChangeEvent could not be found.

import flash.events.LocationChangeEvent;
                           ^

So these look like some errors when compiling. I am about to give up... this is really frustrating.

Does someone have a clue what can be done so that I can compile the sample into a .bar file?

Thanks!!

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Compiling Error

Are you placing your "sketchPadStandard.zip" file in the same directory as your SDK?  If so I would suggest you move the archive to a location that is not in your SDK directory or specify an output directory via the command line.

If you don't provide an output directory path in the command line, it will generate its output in the same directory as the zip file.

Also, are you using Windows 7?  If you do, and you are placing your zip file and or output directory in a UAC protected folder such as Program Files, you will likely have security issues.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

No, I am not compiling it in Program Files now. I compile it in C:\myapp and then the command line compiler gives me these errors.

I set the PATH variable in System but what else is there to do? Thanks so much guys for helping me!!

I KNOW this is very very noobie to post the whole output but here it is :-)

C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.4902533761302051449850.tmp\WebWorksAppTemplate.as(197): col: 30 Error: Access of possibly
undefined property location through a reference with static type qnx.events:ExtendedLocationChangeEvent.

var url:String = qnxEvent.location;
                                                  ^

C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.4902533761302051449850.tmp\WebWorksAppTemplate.as(26): col: 21 Error: Definition flash.eve
nts:LocationChangeEvent could not be found.

^

C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.4902533761302051449850.tmp\webworks\webkit\WebkitControl.as(80): col: 29 Error: Access of
undefined property LocationChangeEvent.

webView.addEventListener(LocationChangeEvent.LOCATION_CHANGING, locationChanging);
                                                 ^

C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.4902533761302051449850.tmp\webworks\webkit\WebkitControl.as(81): col: 29 Error: Access of
undefined property LocationChangeEvent.

webView.addEventListener(LocationChangeEvent.LOCATION_CHANGE, locationChanged);
                                                 ^

C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.4902533761302051449850.tmp\webworks\webkit\WebkitControl.as(116): col: 68 Error: Implicit
coercion of a value of type qnx.events:ExtendedLocationChangeEvent to an unrelated type Object.

dispatchEvent(new WebkitEvent(WebkitEvent.TAB_LOCATION_CHANGED, event));
                                                                                        ^

C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.4902533761302051449850.tmp\webworks\webkit\WebkitControl.as(123): col: 54 Error: Access of
 possibly undefined property location through a reference with static type qnx.events:ExtendedLocationChangeEvent.

var access : Access = config.getAccessByUrl(event.location);
                                                                          ^

C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.4902533761302051449850.tmp\webworks\webkit\WebkitControl.as(124): col: 30 Error: Access of
 possibly undefined property location through a reference with static type qnx.events:ExtendedLocationChangeEvent.

if (access==null && event.location!="about:blank" && !config.getProperty(ConfigConstants.HASMULTIACCESS))
                                                  ^

C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.4902533761302051449850.tmp\webworks\webkit\WebkitControl.as(126): col: 11 Error: Call to a
 possibly undefined method preventDefault through a reference with static type qnx.events:ExtendedLocationChangeEvent.

event.preventDefault();
                                      ^

C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.4902533761302051449850.tmp\webworks\webkit\WebkitControl.as(128): col: 27 Error: Access of

Utilities.alert(event.location + " is not allowed", webView);
                                                      ^

C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.4902533761302051449850.tmp\webworks\webkit\WebkitControl.as(131): col: 70 Error: Implicit
coercion of a value of type qnx.events:ExtendedLocationChangeEvent to an unrelated type Object.

dispatchEvent(new WebkitEvent(WebkitEvent.TAB_LOCATION_CHANGING, event));
                                                                                                 ^

C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.4902533761302051449850.tmp\webworks\webkit\WebkitControl.as(21): col: 21 Error: Definition
 flash.events:LocationChangeEvent could not be found.

^

Loading configuration file C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\frameworks\air-config.xml
[INFO]                  Packaging the bar file
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.4902533761302051449850.tmp\sketchPadStandard.swf (The syste
m cannot find the file specified)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at net.rim.tumbler.file.FileManager.copyFile(Unknown Source)
        at net.rim.tumbler.airpackager.AirPackager.run(Unknown Source)
        at net.rim.tumbler.WidgetPackager.go(Unknown Source)
        at net.rim.tumbler.WidgetPackager.main(Unknown Source)
[ERROR]                 Air Packager exception occurred

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\bbwp>

New Developer
My Device: Torch 9800 and Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

By the looks of things you're not specifying whre to find you sketchPad.zip file. This line tells me you're currently in the bbwp directory, which is in Program Files (which will give you the permission problem Tim mentioned)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\bbwp>bbwp.exe

You're command invocation should look something like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\bbwp>bbwp.exe c:\myapp\sketchpadStandard.zip

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: MTN

Hi, I am trying to compile the schetchpad app sample for tablet and get the following error: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.0.0.4\bbwp>bbwp c:\workarea\blackberry-apps\sketchPadStandard.z ip -o c:\workarea\blackberry-apps\output

[INFO] Parsing command line options [INFO] Parsing bbwp.properties [INFO] Validating WebWorks archive [INFO] Parsing config.xml [WARNING] Failed to find a element [INFO] Populating application source [INFO] Compiling WebWorks application Error loading: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_21\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll [INFO] Packaging the bar file java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\JSERFO~1.CEL\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.5106185311308494832516.tmp\sketchPadStandard.swf (The system c annot find the file specified) at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) at java.io.FileInputStream.(Unknown Source) at net.rim.tumbler.file.FileManager.copyFile(FileManager.java:481) at net.rim.tumbler.airpackager.AirPackager.run(AirPackager.java:158) at net.rim.tumbler.WidgetPackager.go(WidgetPackager.java:154) at net.rim.tumbler.WidgetPackager.main(WidgetPackager.java:79) [ERROR] Air Packager exception occurred C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.0.0.4\bbwp>

Could you please assist?

Regrds Jan