Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Configure signing WebWorks SDK for Tablet OS - 2.0

Hi All,

I originally created my app with the beta relase of webworks. I made some improvements and now want to resubmit it. It needs to be signed by the Gold (2.0) release. I uninstalled the beta SDK and installed the Gold release succsefully. Now I'm confused on how to set up my machine for signing again. I have the new keys (CSJ files) and i'm trying to figure out how to register them and replace my sigtool.p12 file.

1) I assume the RDK file is for official signing (and the PBDT is for creating the debug token) correct?

2)  The email points me here and since i am upgrading (at least i think i am upgrading) and it tells me to only do step 1, which gives me an error. Doing step 1 also doesnt register the new CSJ file. http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/27280/Configure_signing_for_tablet_application...

3) Can anyone please point me to a good walkthrough of how to do this? Command line only please.

I'm so frustrated with RIM's processes. I don't understand why everything needs to be SO confusing and why their docs or manuals don't actually explain anything properly.

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Configure signing WebWorks SDK for Tablet OS - 2.0

Figured out that i just needed to recreate the sigtool.p12 keystore and then sign the app using the old csk file that i originally created with the beta version.

Confusing, but done.