Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Curve 2 8530 and PlayBook (soon)
My Carrier: Verizon

Confusing denial of app???

[ Edited ]

I just received the denial for my app written using WebWorks/Eclipse for the playbook.  Please see the text below.

Dear App World Vendor,

We are sorry but your request for 'No Decompression Dive Planner' to be a product in the BlackBerry App World has been denied for the following reasons :
Items that need attention:

- Please upload a signed copy of your application, appears that it is not signed.
- no icon after installing application, please make sure to specify an icon no larger than 86x86 in the blackberry-tablet.xml file.

Signing information:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23959/Signing_your_application_1422721_11.jsp 

Commands
RDK:
blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass  -keystore  -storepass   RDK

Author:
blackberry-signer -keystore  -storepass   author

You should also have the following files as a general rule as an end result when signing your application:
-	RDK.SF
-	RDK.EC
-	MANIFEST.MF
-	AURTHOR.SF
-	AUTHOR.EC

These should all be contained within your .BAR file

Regards;

The BlackBerry App World™ Team

I am very confused because:

1.  I do not have a blackberry-tablet.xml file.  Instead I have a config.xml file.  I assume they are thinking I developed an air application?
  2. They state I need the files starting with sdk.sf and ending with author.ec in my .bar file.  Are those supposed to be put in there manually?  If so, what is the format and what are they for?   Please note that I create a new BlackBerry Webworks application using the plugin in eclipse and none of those files are included.
  3. I followed the directions to a "T" for signing my application and I even received a success from my command line.  However, they state my application was not signed.  How can I verify that it has been signed properly.

Lastly, I did submit this application prior to the free PlayBook deadline.  Does this denial exclude me from gettting the playbook.

Please help. 

EDIT:  I re-posted this in the AppWorld forum thinking it may be more appropriate there.  New Post

EDIT #2:  This has been answered in this New Post.

My Blog: DevGuy.org
My Apps: Dive Planner
1. Please give Kudos by clicking the Kudos star kudos star below the post that helped you..
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" that solved your issue.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Confusing denial of app???

i'm not at home, so i can't give you the code from my blackberry-tablet.xml file.

basically, if you have a .bar file you can use 7-zip to extract the .bar file and look at the contents.  you should see a blackberry-tablet.xml file in the app (or air?) folder.  pull that into your app main directory and adjust the icon as requested.

also, within the .bar file you'll have an app folder and another folder (META-something i think).  in that second folder you'll either see 1 file (app not signed) or the list of files described (means your app is signed).

my letter stated that these changes would NOT make me ineligable to receive a tablet.  not sure what that means in your case.

sorry i don't have more details here at work.  i can post more later if you still need extra info.