Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

My Device: Bold 9700

Couple questions about OpenBISPushListener

[ Edited ]

1) What's the best practice for executing the BISPushListener? My app has a login, so I attempt to run it after a successful login but it seems not to get called sometimes as the code carries on retreiving other data, and it ceases to actually register. Maybe I'll have to put my "continue with successful login" code in onRegister() to make sure I wait for the function to complete. Thoughts?

2) What happens if I register push, then close the app and reboot. Am I still registered? Will I still get pushes while the device is offline and when it reboots? Do I need to auto-run at startup and re-register the listener?

3) If the app is closed and it receives a push, it opens to a provided wakeUp page. Does the onPush method I assign during registration ever get called?

4) Are there any methods to determine the current state of the listener? I want to poll to make the listener is running, and try to re-register if it's not. The docs say "re-regsiter it once a day" but that would require persisting a flag in a database, and I'm at my wits end with the HTML5 database performance as it is.

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Couple questions about OpenBISPushListener

I also want to know the answers of these questions.