Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Airtel

Creating a custom url for Opening an app from the browser

Hello All,

Can anyone help regarding this. Just like in iphone is there any way  we can access a installed app by simply typing myapp://   in the browser.

Is there some properties file where this url can be configured . I have this requirement in my project for a webworks application. 

Anyone who has implemented this, please give your suggestions.

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Creating a custom url for Opening an app from the browser

You can lunch the apps by the webworks apps but can’t open native apps in browser 

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press the Accept as solution Button when u got the Solution
Press Kudo to say thank to developer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Developer

If u want to do the same than follow following link

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Add-item-to-main-menu/m-p/183887...

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Developer
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

itsmukta wrote:

Hello All,

Can anyone help regarding this. Just like in iphone is there any way  we can access a installed app by simply typing myapp://   in the browser.

Is there some properties file where this url can be configured . I have this requirement in my project for a webworks application. 

Anyone who has implemented this, please give your suggestions.

You can use the search or have a closer look to this forum post for some other discussion regarding your question.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
New Contributor

thanks Kamal. so as i understand there is no way to launch an app or open an app via blackberry browser. 

New Contributor

I have gone through this post but it doesnt solves the problem. there are certain posts on the net regarding this . to add a http filter but thats not the requirement. simply it is type the name of ur app on the browser , and the app should open up. its very easily done on iphone
Developer
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

itsmukta wrote:
I have gone through this post but it doesnt solves the problem. there are certain posts on the net regarding this . to add a http filter but thats not the requirement. simply it is type the name of ur app on the browser , and the app should open up. its very easily done on iphone

If you are using your own app it would work using the blackberry.invoke API but I think using the browser you can not access the underlying environment in your use case. You could create a browser-like app to open URLs and then you are able to invoke other apps on the device, that would be the way I would try.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Developer

you sud go with following link

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Launch-a-third-party-application-from-anothe...

Thanks
Developer

You can lunch the apps but not in browser. Someone mentions invoke api in this thread u can use that also

Thanks