Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900, 9810, 9780, 9650 and so many others
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Database exception in web app on PB and BB10 Dev Alpha

Hi,

We have created a webApp (purely browser based) for our customers. It runs beautifully on BB6 and 7, ioS 4 and 5, Android 2.2 and higher. However when we load it on the PB and the DEV Alpha device we get the following exception:

There was not enough remaining storage space, or the storage quota was reached and the user declined to allow more space.

Problem is there is plenty of space on the two devices (gigaBytes) and the device never prompted to increase the quota.

Is this a bug or is it simply a settings that enables the device to increase the initial quota?

Alon

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha / Playbook / Curve 9300

Re: Database exception in web app on PB and BB10 Dev Alpha

Are you using localstorage as your database type?

If so this could be your problem:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2747285/html5-localstorage-restrictions-and-limits

A cool website for checking browser abilities is html5test.com,  The playbook stats can be seen here:

http://html5test.com/compare/browser/rimtabletos20.html

Although it doesn't tell how much space you have for storage it tells what types of storage are supported.

If it helped you, click like. Smiley Happy
Developer
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

If you're using WebDB, you can extend the storage limit at launch and it should prompt the user to allow it.

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900, 9810, 9780, 9650 and so many others
My Carrier: T-Mobile

And yet it does not prompt to extend the storage. Looks like we have a new release of the Dev Alpha software today so i will re-test it on the new software and see if the issue is resolved.

Alon