Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Z10 and Z30
My Carrier: Play and Plus

Database storage

[ Edited ]

I've got a big problem with database storage. I'm trying to do following thing:

a. I've got menu.html page with 10 text inputs (5 pairs):

1. Name1

2. Number1

3. Name2

4. Number2

9. Name5

10. Number5

b. I need to save user inputs from that fields. User also should be able to update that values. So user define for example Name1 and Number 1 and after clickng save values are stored.

c. When user reopen that site, values need to be loaded from that database and inserted info text inputs from which the values were saved.

Sorry for writing question about that but I'm trying to port my application from WebOS where storing data is simpler (I can use simple cookie to store data) and I'm stuck with that problem. Thank you for helping. I spend 3 days trying to that but I still don't know how.

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Database storage

Hi ddluk,

Can you post up the OS version that you are using on the BlackBerry that is giving you the problem.  On OS 5.0 you can use Gears DB to store your data.  On BlackBerry 6 you can use HTML5 database.

We also provide a HTML5 JavaScript toolkit that will allow you to use the same HTML5 database code on OS 5 as you would on BlackBerry 6 so that you don't have two different sets of code.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer
My Device: Z10 and Z30
My Carrier: Play and Plus

Ok. I will try it last time, if I found the same problems I will write them here. Could you also tell me why application menu is working on OS 5 but is not working on OS6 (emulator and Torch)? I'm using that tutorial: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-Development/Adding-Menu-Items-using-the-BlackBerry-Widget...

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi ddluk,

I replied to your PM around the menu items.  Also note that when doing Database storage, some devices will require an inserted SD card in order to store data.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter