Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi
Accepted Solution

Deregister as search provider?

Hi,

I have succesfully registered my WebWorks app as search provider, it works just fine - icon appears in the list of search provider apps, and I got the right search data. So far so good.

However after I deleted my app from the phone, I noticed that when searching there is still search provider item named with my app id and some kind of default icon (just a box with X). How can I remove my app completely from the list with search providers after uinstall?

I have tested it on Z10 with OS 10.1

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer

Re: Deregister as search provider?

Update:

Restarting the phone removes the 'dead' search provider item completely. Still I expect that it has to be removed after app uninstallation.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for the update. What's your full OS version? I'll see if it's been fixed or log it as a bug.

Tim Windsor
Open Source Technical Lead
Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Well good news is that it's not reproducing on 10.2. 

Tim Windsor
Open Source Technical Lead
Highlighted
Developer

OS 10.1.0.273

But if it is fixed in 10.2 then I'm ok with it Smiley Happy
I will mark your post as solution.