07-13-2010 02:35 PM
Does anyone have a nice easy way of creating BB widget pages in a normal browser before moving over to a widget? i'm going nuts making a tweak, pressing debug, waiting for the build to succeed, checking my widget, tweaking some more css etc etc
I'm sure I saw an article somewhere on how to do this outside of the simulator but i'll be damned if i can find it again
any help much appreciated
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-13-2010 03:08 PM
The easiest way that I do this is the following:
1) Put my widget source on a shared web folder on a web server
2) Set my config.xml file to have its start page point to the page on my web server
3) Whitelist the domain for where my widget source is located on my web server
4) Add a "Refresh" Menu item in a common *.js file to do a standard browser refresh
5) Build and run the widget in the simulator
Then I can make all the tweaks to HTML and CSS I like and simply press the refresh menu item in the simulator.
The only time I need to re-build is if I make a config.xml file change. Then when I am satisfied, I simply change my config.xml to package up the resources locally and do a final test.