Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
09-18-2013 05:00 AM
I'm using this https://github.com/ctetreault/incubator-cordova-do
Everything seems to fine but when i go to STEP 2: it navigates to this page https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/download/#s
So have some doubts:
Q1. Am i using the correct resources ( 2 links above) to get insight of what intend to do?
Q2. Installing BB 10 web works sdk for BB O.S. Bcoz that's where the 2 link will navigate you to download the BB10 webworks sdk?
Q3. What is diff b/w: using the approach that is mention in first link and mine approach.
My Appraoch: I installed the Blackberry web works sdk 126.96.36.199, used Aptana studio 3 to create my project, in my project i have manually pasted the 4 files of cordova project 1. LICENCES.txt 2. cordova.js 3. events.html 4. template.html in my project with other files (html, css, js e,.t.c) .
Also i have sucessfully installed the signing keys within my Blackberry web works 188.8.131.52\bin folder.
To package and build i use RIPPLE Chrome Extemsion and Command line(mostly cmd line) and sussfully able to sign my app with signature tool.
Guys pls help me clear this confusion.
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-18-2013 09:41 AM
1.You are using the correct links. You will see BB10 stuff on these sites now becuase BlackBerry is really focusing on it.
2. To download the tools for developing for BB OS, go to this link: https://developer.blackberry.com/bbos/html5/downlo
3. The end result should be the same between your approach and the one that is mentioned in the link.
Click thumbs up if you appreciate the answer.
09-18-2013 09:53 AM - edited 09-18-2013 09:59 AM
1. In many articles i have read that in order to build apps we need to install ANT. But in my case everything went ok without even installing the ANT. why?
2. Is it possible the we can use BB 10 sdk to compile app for BB 07 & earlier
3. What are the out files if you can a project using phone gap?
e.g you create a helloworld project then what files does it gives back?
I am curious to learn the nuts and bolts of this whole architecture.
09-18-2013 10:05 AM
1. I am not quite sure about the use of Apache ANT, but if it is working fine without it, then you're good to go.
2. No, it is not possible to compile for BB OS using the BB10 SDK.
3. On output, it gives you two folders with two different types of installs. One is the 'Over The Air (OTA)' install files, with which you can install the app over the web. In itm you will have the required .jad and .cod files.
Second is the 'Standard Install' folder which will have all your java code files with which app can be installed from the App World.
Click on the thumbs up if you appreciate the answer.
09-18-2013 10:16 AM