Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: LIME

Development Query

[ Edited ]

What are the odds of your app working perfectly on your device and another when testing, but after submisison for review, you are told the app crashes few minutes after gameplay? But never once has the app crashed on the devices tested on. 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Development Query

Unlikely, but it can happen.

The issue is probably that the version of the OS you used to develop & test is different than that of the version used by the technical testing team for review.  There could be an OS different causing a bug that you never saw.

What is your application doing?  Did you get any specific feedback about the crashing behavior?

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer

[ Edited ]

Thank you very much... Actually, Im using OS X 10.8

The application is working perfectly well without any issues on the Z10.  I have resubmitted another release as new. I must mention, I did complete the game on my Z10 during testing, and never once has the game ever crashed.

The email I received was as follows:

Dear App World Vendor, 

While processing your application, release '6.0' from your product 'Operation: Desert-Fox' (ticket 1019567), for inclusion into BlackBerry World I encountered the following issue(s) that require your attention before we are able to continue. 

Please fix the following issue(s) and resubmit your application as a new release. 

After testing your application on the BlackBerry 10 there is a issue with your app as it, when user playing this game in a view second the app will close suddenly. Please fix the issue. 

Once these issue(s) have been corrected I will be able to complete the necessary steps that will allow this application to be posted in BlackBerry App World. If at any time you have questions regarding the above issue(s) please don’t hesitate to contact us atBlackBerryAppWorldRequests@rim.com or visit http://developer.blackberry.com/forums for technical support.

Developer

Heres a test video I took today showing the performance http://youtu.be/3B2xQ7aeCyE

Developer

[ Edited ]

This is getting frustrating and I'm starting to be turned away from developing for this platform... Im using my Z10 and two other friends' Z10 to test the game which runs perfectly well, but after submitting the app for review, this message is being sent to me over and over.

Dear App World Vendor, 

While processing your application, release '1.0.2' from your product 'Operation: Desert-Fox' (ticket 1026625), for inclusion into BlackBerry World I encountered the following issue(s) that require your attention before we are able to continue. 

Please fix the following issue(s) and resubmit your application as a new release. 

After testing your application on the BlackBerry 10 there is a issue with your app as it, when user playing this game in a view second the app will close suddenly. Please fix the issue. 

Once these issue(s) have been corrected I will be able to complete the necessary steps that will allow this application to be posted in BlackBerry App World. If at any time you have questions regarding the above issue(s) please don’t hesitate to contact us at BlackBerryAppWorldRequests@rim.com or visithttp://developer.blackberry.com/forums for technical support. 

Regards, 
Dedhy Heriyanto Kusuma 
BlackBerry App World Vendor Support: www.blackberry.com/developers/appworld 
BlackBerry App World Vendor FAQ: www.blackberry.com/developers/appworld/faq 
BlackBerry Developer Support Forums: http://developer.blackberry.com/forums

Are there any developers who will be willing to test my app?

Developer

Finally the game has been approved Smiley Happy
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Was just responding to your earlier posting when I saw this update.

Great news.  Is it up for sale now?  If so, congrats!  

I'm hoping the delays in approval did not discourage you too much. I'll follow up offline with the tech team to see if there is an opportunity to improve this based on your experience.  Apologies for the inconvenience.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer

Thank you very much astanley. It is up for sale, but the system must be propagated before availability as stated in the email. I appreciate all the help that was received by your team. Special thanks to Mr. Tetreault, Mr. Hearty and Mr. Johnson who assisted via email support to make it happen. Thanks again Smiley Happy
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: All
My Carrier: N/A

Worked great for me when I tested.  Glad we could help Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Developer

Thanks again Chad...