Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: du

Device Restarts

Helloo... I am using 9360 device... everytime I install the app on device, device gets restart everytime.. can anyone tell what is the issue??

Thanks

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Device Restarts

The Java-based BlackBerry OS (running on BB5, 6 and 7) did sometimes require a restart whenever shared resources were locked.  This often happened when sideloading applications on a device (also occurs frequently when uninstalling applications, especially WebWorks applications).

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: du

Ok, So how can I avoid this? How can i clear it so it doen't restart my device again and again....  its takes too much time to restart the device....

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

You cannot.  The Java-based OS determines when it needs to restart in order to reclaim memory.  

Fortunately these technical limitations do not exist on the newer BlackBerry Tablet OS or BlackBerry 10 as those OS' are powered by QNX.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.