Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

My Device: Developer/Admin
My Carrier: Verizon

Device reports authorization needed on page

Hello all,

One of our users, when access a page(*) on their Blackberry Bold, is recieving the error "Fetch Request Failed becasue it requires authorization" when they initially visit the page.  If they wait a minute or so, and reload, this message does not occur.  Checking access_log on the server shows no authorization requests for that site (I see HTTP 200, 206, 304, and 404) (Also, it is a public site).  This error also does not occur when tested on iOS and Android.  Any thougts would be appreciated.

Thank you,

*Site in question: http://demobox.bcs-hq.com/test/wind-farm.html

'Apollo was astonished, Dionysus thought me mad. But they heard my story further and they wondered and were sad...'
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Device reports authorization needed on page

I'm not certain. however I believe the message could be from one of the page resources. Looks like you are using *.webm video format on that page.  I am fairly certain that content type is not supported.

Do you know if that user is accessing their page via the public BIS gateway, or through their corporate network?  if the latter, it may be interferance from the BES.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.