Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Documentation for config.xml for playbook

Hey RIM,

When you are you going to release the documentation for the config.xml.... this is all nicely done with a GUI for us in the eclipse web plug-in.... 

I'm not expecting the same for the playbook, but I really am not sure what the contents of this file should be...... Any documentation would be good (or if somebody could point me to it that would be awesome).

Right now I'm just coding in the dark.... I kinda make a best guest as to what I think needs to be allowed in the xml file (like adding other domains... )

ec

Developer
My Device: Huron 8800
My Carrier: IM3

Re: Documentation for config.xml for playbook

Why don't you use the web plugin for eclipse? I'm using it right now to develop initial playbook app and the config.xml seems working correctly.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Here is the documentation you are asking for: Technical Note - Configuration Document .

This document can be found within the BlackBerry WebWorks Developer Guides section of the website.

Note: there is at least one inconsistency with supported elements.  The "rim:transitionEffect" element is not supported by the WebWorks SDK for PlayBook (but is for the Smartphone SDK).  I have a pending request with our documentation team to provide details about any further gap analysis.

Sincerely,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Actually, there is a learning resource about this specific to the WebWorks SDK for PlayBook:

Creating a BlackBerry WebWorks configuration document

If you have any questions about it, please ask.

Cheers,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.