Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ERROR] Cannot sign application - failed to find signing key file: author.p12 using Ripple

I am unable to sign using Ripple as it cannot find my author.p12 key when and am running windows 7.  it's located in my C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\ folder along with the barsigner files.  Can anyone tell me what i may be doing wrong? thank you.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: [ERROR] Cannot sign application - failed to find signing key file: author.p12 using Ripple

I've seen this behavior before when the environmental variable is set to an unexpected location

Can you open a command prompt and type echo %USERPROFILE%?  It should match C:\Users\<username>.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: LIME

Re: [ERROR] Cannot sign application - failed to find signing key file: author.p12 using Ripple

Try using the BlackBerryGraphicalAid to setup keys and certificates

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: All
My Carrier: N/A

Another thing you may want to check is that you have only the 32-Bit Java JDK installed, and that it's v1.6.x.  When I was using 1.7 (and 64bit) I was having similar issues until I installed the proper JDK.