Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: z30
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings
Accepted Solution

[ERROR] Error initializing Cordova: undefined (Cordova 3.3)

Hello developers

I am developing a crossplatform application and it runs on iOS and Android. But not on BlackBerry 10. The error that occurs is [ERROR] Error initializing Cordova: undefined. I tracked down the error and it occurs in the www/plugins/org.apache.cordova.device/www/device.js on line 61. So the reason for the error is because it can not retrieve the device information. I added the line <feature name="Device" value="Device" /> to the config.xml.

On the other hand, on iOS I can watch the Device.h and Device.m files that are used by the device.js file. But on my BlackBerry project I can not find the Device.hpp and Device.cpp files. Are they added somewhere in the build process or something? Then I could check what happens in the C++ code and why the error occurs.

Thanks in advance!

My Device: z30
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: [ERROR] Error initializing Cordova: undefined (Cordova 3.3)

Issue is solved. I first ran the build command as sudo, shouldn't have done that. When I just run it as normal user, everything works as expected.

My Device: All
My Carrier: N/A

Re: [ERROR] Error initializing Cordova: undefined (Cordova 3.3)

Great to hear you're porting your app over to BlackBerry, and that you've resolved this issue. Smiley Happy