Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 3G/9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Error: Keystore load: C:\Users\Tom\Research In Motion\author.p12 (The system cannot find the file specified)

I foolishly installed Windows 8 (as a fresh install) without backing up my old signing keys, and have since installed the gold Webworks SDKs for both Tablet and BlackBerry 10. I have requested and tried to sign 3 separate sets of keys, and have every time, received the error:

Error: Keystore load: C:\Users\Tom\Research In Motion\author.p12 (The system cannot find the file specified)

I first thought the error might be with Windows 8, but tried to sign the keys (with the gold SDK for BlackBerry 10), on a machine running Windows 7, and received the same error.

Any help would be appreciated as I am going slightly crazy not being able to work on my app.

Thanks,

Tom.

Developer
My Device: 9360, PlayBook,10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Play

Re: Error: Keystore load: C:\Users\Tom\Research In Motion\author.p12 (The system cannot find the file specified)

[ Edited ]

Hi Tom,

I don't have a Windows 8 but I think you should check 2 things:

1. Are you sure that is a correct path ? The correct is %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Research In Motion

2. Are you running command line as administrator? Maybe you don't have permission?

New Contributor

Re: Error: Keystore load: C:\Users\Tom\Research In Motion\author.p12 (The system cannot find the file specified)

Hi JCabak,

That's what I thought too, about the path, but it's been the same on both the Windows 8 and 7 machines, and it got me wondering - both the Research In Motion folders in AppData\Local on both machines are set to read-only, does that matter? I have ran command line as an administrator and got the same error.

Thanks for your reply,

Tom.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Where does %HOMEPATH% map to on your computer?  Did you run this in Windows XP compatibility mode?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Contributor

%HOMEPATH% maps to C:\Users\Tom\ - and as I am trying to register the keys via CMD, I cannot run it in compatability mode. I did try running as Administrator, but I now believe the problem to be the Research In Motion folder in AppData\:Local is set to Read Only, and I cannot remove the flag, which seems to be a problem within Windows 8.

I am going to reinstall Windows 7 in a couple of days and see if that fixes anything.

Tom.

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Yes, if that's read only it would cause issues.  Let me know if you're able to change that.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Dev 10 Alpha
My Carrier: no provider

I'm facing the same problem how did oyu solve this?

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a Mac Smiley Tongue 

To help you though, I believe the issue is that the folder was set as read only, assuming you're using Windows 8, apparently it's a hard thing to do to remove the flag, and I never figured out how to do it. (Actually had the same issue on Windows 7, couldn't remove the read only flag).

Tom