Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Red BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Error Linking barsigner.csk and bbidtoken.csk

[ Edited ]

Mark,

nowadays for sign a WebWorks app i am doing this:

1º cmd

2º cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.4.11

3º bbwp "C:\App.zip" -g MYPASSWORD -buildId 2 -o "C:\binbb10" 

I tested again with MYPASSWORD and works fine, I installed the signed bar to my Device and is updating the current app installed.

and i am doing: 

blackberry-signer -linkcsk –oldcskpass MYPASSWORD –bbidcskpass OTHERPASSWORD

All the best.

Josep Maria
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

That should be all you need to do.

To sign a bar file using blackberry-signer you can do:

blackberry-signer -storepass MYPASS myfile.bar

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

Sorry Mark,

I am confused, I allways use bbwp for create .bar and sign. How i can create a bar without bbwp command?

Thanks in advance.

Josep Maria
Developer

[ Edited ]

I strated this from 0, steps:

1º I deleted author.p12, bbidtoken.csk, barsigner.db and barsigner.csk from  %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Research In Motion

2º I generated a new bbidtoken.csk and copied to %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Research In Motion

3º I executed:  blackberry-keytool -genkeypair -storepass <keystore_pw> -dname "cn=<company_name", now i have a new author.p12 on %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Research In Motion

4º I copyied my old barsigner.csk to %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Research In Motion

5º If now i execute: 

blackberry-signer -linkcsk –oldcskpass <OLDPASSWORD>  –bbidcskpass <NEWPASSWORD>

appears and ERROR: Key PBDT is not registeres, and now i have a new barsigner.db on %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Research In Motion

6º I copied my old barsigner.db and barsigner.csk on %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Research In Motion

7º I executed again: 

blackberry-signer -linkcsk –oldcskpass <OLDPASSWORD>  –bbidcskpass <NEWPASSWORD>

and apprears and Error: The signature on the code signing request didn't verify. The likely cause of this problem is entering an incorrect CSK password.

8º If i execute:

blackberry-signer -storepass OLDPASSWORD myfile.bar (I generated a bar with command webworks build)

appears Error: Certificate chain not found for: ...\WebWorks must reference a valid KeyStore key corresponding public key certificate chain.

If i edit my OLD barsigner.db i see 2 entries:

RDK=ANUMBERhttp\://www.rim.net/Websigner/servlet/RDK-Waterloo
PBDT=ANOTHERNUMBERhttp\://www.rim.net/Websigner/servlet/PBDT-Waterloo

Thanks in advance.

Josep Maria

After doing this, are you still able to sign using bbwp?  Where does %HOMEPATH% map to on your computer?  What version of Windows are you running?

Mark Sohm

Developer

For sign with bbwp i need to restore my OLD author.p12 on %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Research In Motion, and i can sign without problem.

If i try to sign with NEW author.p12 appear Error: Failed t o decrypt keystore, invalid password

My %HOMEPATH% map to C:\Users\Josep Maria

Windows version is 8.1 Pro

Josep Maria

That path should be fine.

There are three places you can set a password.  There is one for the Developer Certificate (author.p12) and one for your code signing keys (barsigner.csk).  These should be the same.  Then you have another password for the BlackBerry ID Token.

The error: "Error: Failed t o decrypt keystore, invalid password" means the wrong password was used for the author.p12.  So it looks like you created it with a different password from your original (WebWorks doesn't support using a different password for Developer Certificate and code signing keys).  You set this password when you create the developer certificate.

The error:  "The signature on the code signing request didn't verify. The likely cause of this problem is entering an incorrect CSK password." means the wrong password was used for your code signing keys (barsigner.csk).  You set this password when you install the keys.

To upgrade existing applications, you need to use the same code signing key and/or BlackBerry ID Token created with the same BlackBerry ID Account.  Linking your code signing key to your BlackBerry ID Token allows you to sign upgrades with the token.

The developer certificate (author.p12) can be re-created without affecting the ability to upgrade your applications.

It looks like some kind of password mismatch.  When you created the new developer certificate (author.p12) did you use the same password you used for signing?

Mark Sohm

Developer

I created a NEW author.p12 with the same password that my OLD barsigner.csk, and now i can sign my apps with bbwp without problem with this new author.p12

So now, i have 2 password: one for my author.p12 and  barsigner.csk, and other for my bbidtoken.csk

How i can know if my  code signing keys are linked with my BlackBerry ID account?

Thanks

Josep Maria

So did the link process work now?

To verify you'll need a BAR file you signed previously and one signed with your BlackBerry ID Token (if the token is present in that directory it'll be used over the previous keys if you are using and SDK with blackberry-signer 3.0.9 or higher).

Open the BAR file in an archive utility like Winzip and extract the manifes.mf file located in the meta-inf directory.  Then compare the value for Package-Author-Id.  If they are the same you are all set.

Mark Sohm

Developer

[ Edited ]

Link don't works, appears: Error: The signature on the code signing request didn't verify. The likely cause of this problem is entering an incorrect CSK password.

Now i have author.p12 and  barsigner.csk with the same password. And bbidtoken.csk have a differet password (i cannot set the same because on bbd page max lenght of password is 10, and my other password is 12 length,

If i try to sign an app with: webworks build --release --keystorepass MYBBIDTOKENPASSWORD appears the [ERROR] Failed to decrypt keystore, invalid store password or store password not supplied.

I created another author.p12  with the same MYBBIDTOKENPASSWORD, and signed an app with  webworks build --release --keystorepass MYBBIDTOKENPASSWORD

if now i compare Package-Author-Id are different. One app compiled with bbwp and other compiled with  webworks build --release.

Stange, because i have only one Blackberry ID account in my company for sign purposes.  And i think that when we requested our signed keys (few years ago) was not available via BlackBerry ID, we requested from a webpage of RIM not vinculated with my BlackBerry ID.

Josep Maria