Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
Developer
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Digitel
Accepted Solution

Error Sing Apps: The specified SCK password is no valid

Well, by any method (momentics, webworks, console) I was unable to generate a signed app to run no any bb10 device. I can generate debug token without problem (webworks and console gives the same error described in title), but at the moment of sign the app, neither option is useless. I searched in Google and find not solution to my problem. My PC is running windows 7 ultimate 32bits, and Im developing in Webworks 2.0 and Netbeans 8, too i have instaled java 1.6 and 1.7. I hope u can help me.

My CSK file is generated with a correct 8 characters password. Sorry for my BAD BAD english.

Error signing apps

My Answer is good? Nice! Please, Clicked the "Thanks" button, this is very helpful for me! Smiley Happy
Mi respuesta es buena? Que bien! Por favor, haz clic en el botón "Gracias", esto es muy útil para mí! Smiley Happy
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Error Sing Apps: The specified SCK password is no valid

Hi there,

Out of curiosity, how did you install your code signing keys? Was it the WebWorks 1.0 method with the CSJ files or was it the WebWorks 2.0 method whereyou download your BlackBerry ID token from the online portal?

I ask because it may be worth trying to generate new keys if you used the BlackBerry ID approach.

In general, that error means that there is a mis-match in passwords. Whether the file is corrupt, or it's just different for some reason, genereating a new set (if you're using BlackBerry ID) is a quick way to eliminate that possibility.

If you are using the CSJ files, let me know as there are some considerations before replacing your keys.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Developer
Developer
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Digitel

Webworks 2.0 method. Download from blackberry JAM the signing key, CSK file directly.
My Answer is good? Nice! Please, Clicked the "Thanks" button, this is very helpful for me! Smiley Happy
Mi respuesta es buena? Que bien! Por favor, haz clic en el botón "Gracias", esto es muy útil para mí! Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

My recommendation would be to back-up and wipe out the contents of this directory (based on your OS):

• Windows® XP:  %HOMEPATH%\Local Settings\Application Data\Research In Motion
  • Windows Vista®, Windows 7® and Windows 8®:  %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Research In Motion
  • Mac OS:  ~/Library/Research In Motion
  • Unix / Linux:  ~/.rim

Basically, we want to start fresh.

From there, request a new set of keys from the online portal using a basic password. Example: 123456

I'm not familiar with the -k flag but assume it is a short-hand. Could you try the full version:

webworks build --release --keystorepass 123456

I realize re-downloading the keys may seem unnecessary, but that command generally shows up for very few reasons; the most obvious being a password mismatch.

If you resolve the issue, you could repeat the process with a more secure password. If not, please let me know.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.