Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Error compiling webworks application with feature id=blackberry.app.event

Hi Everyone,

I have a relatively simple webworks app I'm working on and I decided to try adding a menu on swipeDown using the guide here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Sample-Code-Swipe-down-menu-for-...

It doesn't mention it in the article, but looking at the sample app, you need to add the feature line to the config.xml:

<feature id="blackberry.app.event" version="1.0.0.0"/>

When I add it, compiling fails. I get "Error: Can not resolve a multiname reference unambiguously. JSON ...". It apparently finds JSON in both the SDK/frameworks/libs/air/airglobal.swc and in JSON.as in a temp folder created when I compile. I tried renaming one file, then the other, didn't help. Anyone see this issue or have any ideas? using SDK 2.1.0.6, AIR SDK 3 (and i changed the line to 2.7) If I remove that feature, the app compiles just fine.

Thanks for the help

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Error compiling webworks application with feature id=blackberry.app.event

Hi ptterb,

Please retry using the newest SDK 2.2 and I believe this should be fixed.

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)