Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Vodafone

Error in building BB7 app: RAPC Exception

Hi

I am trying to build an HTML 5 app for BB 7. I have 32 bit version of JDK installed and v 2.3.1.5 of WebWorks installed on my Windows 8 64 bit machine. 

I am trying to build the BB app using Ripple but get the following error:

I/O Error: Cannot run program "C:\Program": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

RAPC exception occurred

This error occurs at the stage: 

Compiling BlackBerry WebWorks application

I have verified that JAVA_HOME is set to JDK location and path variable is pointing to Java location as well. I have modified the bbwp.properties to:

<java>C:\Progra~2\Java\jdk1.7.0_10</java>

Any suggestions on what can i do to troubleshoot?

Thanks

Abhishek

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Error in building BB7 app: RAPC Exception

Hello Abishek,

Please note that you need JDK6 (32-bit) to be installed and referenced by the tools. Based on the sample it seems to be referencing JDK7.

If you do not require JDK7 explicitly, the safest option is to uninstall all existing JDK/JREs from your PC (this includes both 64-bit and 32-bit) versions from Program Files and Program Files (x86); respectively. And then install only JDK6 (which automatically includes the JRE) that is 32-bit.

If you do require JDK7, you can still configure your packager as you noted, not it must be JDK6.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700 + PlayBook

Re: Error in building BB7 app: RAPC Exception

Just to ad to this.

I noticed that JDK1.6 build 43 had the same behaviour during the packaging process as experienced by Abishek.

I had to roll back to JDK1.6 build 30 before I could sign and package my webworks apps again.