Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: curve 9800
My Carrier: Singtel

Error in running webworks app on simulator and phone

Hey,

I'm new to developing apps on webworks and I did my first app. Its fairly simple and has some JSON and javascript running in it. But I have probles running them

On simulator:

it does not load completely and I get a error in the eclipse window saying 

"ReferenceError: "JSON" is not defined.Running  at line   14: myJSONObject=JSON.parse(xmlHttp.responseText);."

I loaded this onto the phone itself and that shows an error saying:

Class 'net.rim.device.api.web.Widget Config' not found

Can someone tell me why i might be getting this?

Contributor

Re: Error in running webworks app on simulator and phone

Hey guys, I still have the "Class 'net.rim.device.api.web.Widget Config' not found" error. Been stuck trying to get past this for over a week now, and ill appreciate any help someone can give.
Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: A quick bump up in case someone who knows the answer to t...

Can you post up which version of the BlackBerry OS you are using.  WebWorks will only work on BB5 and newer operating systems.

Also, the JSON object did not appear in the Browser until BB6.  If you are using BB5 you will have to grab a free JavaScript based JSON parser.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: A quick bump up in case someone who knows the answer to t...

Hey,

Yesh the phone i'm using (an 8900) uses BB5. And since Json is not included a json2.js file in the project an given it as a src="json2.js" (in the same folder as inex.html), but it doesnt seem to recognise it i guess. But after you mentioned it I went back to the location online that I got the json file, and realized there's few more files i need to download/include. I shall do that.

Right now I am facing anothe rprobem in running webworks SDK, i'kk ty fix that and run the amended app or will post that issue as well in a new thread.

Thanks tneil.!