Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: BB 10
My Carrier: Do not know
Accepted Solution

Extremely confused with the extremely complicated BlackBerry apps submission

Please help me out, i am extremely confused with the extremely complicated BlackBerry apps submission.

I made an app, the name is "App A", i have successfully sign and uploaded the app. Using the Ripple Emulator, with the signing password of "HelloWorld" (Not real password of course).

Now i am making another app, with the name of App B. i CAN NOT use the same signing password of HelloWorld because the Ripple Emulator said "Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: [ERROR] Error: Code signing request failed because this version of the application or package has been previously signed. Please increment the version(s) and try signing again."

Now i do not understand and i am EXTREMELY confused with the Blackberry application model submission.

First, should i asks for another RDK and PBDT files to create a new signing password for App B?

Or should i just increment the bundle version? the problem when i tried this is that the Server on Blackberry seems to be giving error message saying the APP ID is already in used.

Ok, i am officially stuck and i don't know what to do. Can any blackberry developer here or the official blackberry employee tells me what should i do?

Thanks.

Contributor

Re: Extremely confused with the extremely complicated BlackBerry apps submission

i also don't know the purpose of this "License Key" in the Vendor management for my apps.

Contributor

Re: Extremely confused with the extremely complicated BlackBerry apps submission

any developers here or blackberry employee that can help me with my problem? i sure don't know what is my problem in the first place anyway. For a moment i thought all apps just need to be sign with the same signing password in Ripple. But it seems i am mistaken.
Contributor

and the automatic signing out every 5 minutes is really testing my patience.
Contributor

should i asks for another RDK and PBDT files to create a new signing password for App B?
Contributor

[ Edited ]

i mean, am i the only one here that is developing more than 1 app for Blackberry? Smiley Very Happy

The first app i develop is already a pain in the **bleep** because of the overly complex Signing keys, PIN, and License keys in the Vendors.

Now my second app is again..... a pain in the **bleep**.

I hope in the future, it will be made more simple. Because currently it is WAY too complex. When i develop for WIndows 8 and other mobiles, it is not this complicated. 

Contributor

HELLO?

ANYONE HERE?

Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

Not sure this will answer your question as I don't use ripple to build - prefer the command line. 

I get a similar error building for playbook when the name in the config.xml file has already been used. It doesn't matter if the zip file name is different - the signing keys seem to work on what is in the <name> field.

So you can change the name (if it is the same and resign with the same build id or you can leave the name as is and increment the build id. Both options work, as it seems that although the signing is done on the name, the BB infrastructure when you load will be ok with the same name as long as the bar file is different. No idea why

Hope it helps a little.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

I don't use Ripple either but can see what the problem is (nothing to do with Ripple)

Open your config.xml for the new project (you probably copied "App A" ?)

In the widget section change the id to something different, e.g. com.example.AppB

Save it - reload Ripple and check you've got the new ID listed in Config -> Widget

All sorted

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Highlighted
Contributor

oh thank you thank you peardox. I can almost kiss you .... in non gay manners.

This really helps me a lot. Thank you !