Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold & Pearl
My Carrier: Telecom NZ

File Release Denied

Hey Guys,

I got the following email - 
- No icon when installed on device. Please resubmit and verify the icon is no larger than 90x90.

This is all good and well, the Icon that I have is 100x100 (I didn't see any where in the guides that detailed what size icon I required) - pretty straight forward.

My friend however got a message stating:

- Icon issue after installing application, please make sure the icon size is 86x86 in a blackberry-tablet.xml file and included in your bar file.

Should I include a blackberry-tablet.xml as well as my config.xml file in my BAR file? What does it include?

Am I still able to qualify for a playbook?

Cheers

- Ryan

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: File Release Denied

Hi Ryan,

The Playbook has this interesting issue where if the application icon specified is larger thatn 86x86 it will not display on the home screen.

By changing your icon to be 86x86 your app should be good to go.

Don't worry about the blackberry-tablet.xml comment.. the WebWorks SDK takes care of all of that for you

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold & Pearl
My Carrier: Telecom NZ

Re: File Release Denied

[ Edited ]

Thanks Tim,

Strangely it always worked on the simulator at 100 x 100,

I have just recompiled my app with the 2.0 release of web works and an 86x86 icon - am I still in line for a free playbook despite being declined? The reason I ask is that I have another application that is in the final stages of development but is a whole lot more complicated than my current one, I would like to be able to test it on a physical device before releasing it but the rumors are that the tablet has no ETA on a New Zealand release.