Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Visitor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Developper
Accepted Solution

Flash cannot call javascript function in local html file

Hi!

We are developping our first App on Playbook. It's an html file including a flash file and javascript code. Everything is packaged in . bar file, with a config.xml file and has been succesfully loaded in the Playbook. Everything works locally (no web access)

Everything works fine except when we use an externalInterface.call in the flash that calls a javascript function in the .html file.

In the actionscript3, we have selected the "local file access authorized"  and have put the "Security.allowDomain("*)"

Any ideas? Thank you!

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Flash cannot call javascript function in local html file

External Interface trying to access locally packaged files is currently a known issue.  I don't really have any timelines on when or if this can be resolved.  It may be in the core flash code.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Tim,

Is there any update on this. I'm trying to use jPlayer's flash fallback on the PlayBook as more of our audio mp3 streams are not playing in the HTML5 Audio element - but the flash component is unable to communicate back to the JS component and the media cannot be played.

I suspect its related to this -- but if this issue has been resolved - please do let me know. Or if you have any other ideas why this could be happening I'd like to hear them as well.

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

As far as I know, there hasn't been any change around this limitation.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter