Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Various
My Carrier: Generic

Re: Focus based navigation hangs device

Thanks Tim.

A thought - not really a solution, but if it works, I'll take it.

WHAT if I make all the XmlHttpRequests synchronous?

Could that perhaps help?

I will test that tomorrow in any case

Retired
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

dsalah,demaniak

I have tried the code dsalah posted on both a physical 9700 and several 5.0 sims but was unable to reproduce the app crash scenario.

Do either of you have a code and sim combination where the issue is easily reproducible? 

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: edge

Hello, this is a simple html page

<html><body><form action="checkLogin.jsp" method="post"><table dir='rtl' border="0" ><tr><td><p>username:</p><input type="text" name="username" id="username"/><br/></td></tr><tr><td><p>password:</p><input type="password" name="password" id="password"/><br/></td></tr><tr><td><input type="button" name="submit" value="submit" onclick="" /></td></tr></table></form></body></html>

and i enable Use focus-based navigation on trackpad/trackball smartphones in config.xml

I try it on Blackberry Curve 8520 OS 5

Please try this simple example.

Retired

Hi dsalah,

I was able to have this working fine on a sim running 5.0.0.535 as well as a physical device running 5.0.0.1043.

Are there any special instructions other than scrolling around to all the items? Can you give me the exact build of 5.0 you're seeing the issue on. Can you make sure you are using the most recent WebWorks packager.

Thanks,

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: edge

Hello,

My device is BlackBerry Curve 8520

Platform = 5.2.0.67

Version = 5.0.0.681

I'm using Blackberry Java Plug-in 1.3.0 for Eclipse-version: 3.6.2

BlackBerry WebWorks SDK
Version:  2.0.0.201103231828-18

BlackBerry WebWorks Plug-in
Version:  2.5.1.201010291444-2

Please try to scroll up and down in the items for 30 seconds and the application will freeze.

Retired

Hi dsalah,

I have checked the app, on this exact build, on both the Simulator and the device and was unable to see Nav mode break even after minutes of scrolling, but I built my app using the newest SDK.

The newest SDK does not integrate into eclipse, but I would reccomend trying to rebuild the app using it. You can download it from here http://us.blackberry.com/developers/browserdev/widgetsdk.jsp . Then build it from the commandline and see if you still have these problems.

Contributor
My Device: Various
My Carrier: Generic

[ Edited ]

Sorry guys, I've been traveling a bit.

Basically we ran out of time for this, so I have resorted to splitting the app into OS5.0 and OS6.0+ versions.

OS5.0 uses pointer based navigation, which resolves the issue.

I will see if I can get permission to provide the application (and possibly source) for you guys te play with - not very hopefull for that though.

In any case, thanks for the feedback so far.

PS: any eta on eclipse integration for the new SDK? I understand from the RIM WebWorks page that the Eclipse and Visual Studio plugins are begin killed off?

Highlighted
Retired

Hi demaniak,

As explained here, we are moving away from the plugins, so there is no ETA to integrate the SDK.