Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Etisalat

Getting numerous "undefined" alerts when opening the Webworks + Sencha Touch 2 application

Hello, 

I am getting a very weird bug in my webworks application with sencha touch.

When I use the applicaiton for a long time and then I close it and reopen it I get a group of "undefined" alerts that comes from handling document.onerror function and then a white blank screen appears and the application is not displayed at all.  

Every time I restart the application the same weird error appears and I have to reinstall the application again using "ant blackberry load-device" to get it back working

I event cannot debug this error, I've used weinre but the connection gets interrupted when I spend long time using the

application

Any Idea why this error happens I cannot submit the application to the App World with this annoying bug.

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Getting numerous "undefined" alerts when opening the Webworks + Sencha Touch 2 application

Which device model and OS software version are you seeing this behavior on?

Also, which version of the WebWorks SDK are you using?

From what you've described, it sounds like it could be a persistence issue - the app trying to restore saved data (localStorage or WebDB) - which usually occurs on startup.  However, the connection problems confuse me.  You should be able to connect to Web Inspector from a WebWorks app (unless the -d debug build flag was disabled).

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.