Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Going back to HomeScreen from App

Hi guys,

I installed my WebWorks and ran the SketchPad app successfully on simulator, so far so good Smiley Happy.

Now I have few questions for you guys:

1) I am inside my sketchpad app and want to go back to HomeScreen (I mean Desktop of PlayBook). How do I do this ?

2)  How do I know which gestures to use for PlayBook and can they be done with mouse(Swipe) ?

3)  Where do I see a list of all installed Apps on PB ?

I will come with some more questions for u guys,

thanks a lot for any help in this regard,

yosoh

--------------------------------------------------
problemSolved() ? kudosPlease():kudosPlease();
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Going back to HomeScreen from App

1) Click your mouse on the bottom bevel (black bar that surrounds the screen of the PlayBook) and drag it up towards the top.  This will minimize the app, and from there you can close it.

2) Touch interactions with WebWorks come from the underlying WebKit engine, which supports the TouchStart, TouchEnd and TouchMove events (as well as all the mouse events too).  In-app gestures will need to be implemented on your own.  This can be done by tracking the time & location of sequential touch events to measure the direction and relative-speed of a given 'gesture'.

3) Click on the "All" category from the home screen to see all applications.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.