Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700
My Carrier: Movistar, Telenor

Google plugin not found

The plugin for google chrome is installed in "Document and Settings\Ingvar\Lokala inställningar\.....   some sub folders down.

This path contains national characters (Swedish)  and that causes the path to fail when trying to start. Something gets wrong when trying to start deploy services. The national charcters messes up the path

Google does not seem to give a choice where to install the plugin.

Stuck!

If everything seems to be under control, you're just not driving fast enough
-Mario Andretti-
Developer

Re: Google plugin not found

[ Edited ]

How utterly frustrating. I am getting nowhere with this problem. Are there no Swedish developer that has a working setup here??

-Mario Andretti-
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

You are referring to the Ripple mobile emulator extension for Chrome?

This is a worthwhile bug to report to the Ripple open source project. https://github.com/blackberry/Ripple-UI/issues

I would expect that Swedish is not the only language that may cause this error to occur.

Please file an issue in Github and the experts can start to investigate and maybe even offer a workaround until resolved.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer

Thanks Astanley.

I am still trying to sort it out. I am not 100% sure exactly where the problem lies. I took some scrap parts and assembled a new computer
and installed a Windows 7 Ultimate English version on it. Helloworld sample is on a network disk so
I can access it from both computers.

There seem to be 2 different problems

1. Running the Helloworld Geolcation sample on the "English" computer works fine if I use a small web server. And I can start the Build and Deploy Service
2. If I try to run it by accessing the Helloworld directly on the file system It displays but  "Permission denied Geolocation" Same files as the webserver uses.

3. Running the Helloworld Geolocation sample on the "Swedish" computer accessing the web server on the "English" computer works fine
4. Trying to run the  sample from the file system gives the same answer as from the "Endlish" Computer. "Permission denied Geolocation."
   Use a local version on my computer does not help

5. Trying to start the Build and deploy services on the "Swedish" computer gives an error message clearly indicating a problem with local characters in the file path

The only thing I have not tried is to run the small web server on my "Swedish" computer simply because it refuses to run on my XP computer

-Mario Andretti-