Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry@8520 smartphone(Edge,Wi-fi)
My Carrier: vodafone

HOW do I testJAVASCRIPT

My web application is having java script

•   Ripple emulator is not supporting Javascript
  • WEBWORKS IS NOW OBSLETE(IF U COULD DECLARE IT AS SOME NEWS OR SOMETHING...I WONDER Y U ARE STILL ASKING USERS TO INSTALL IT
  • hOW DO I RUN JAVASCRIPT ON RIPPLE OR ANYWHERE
Developer

Re: HOW do I testJAVASCRIPT

guys reply :-)

Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: o2 (de)

Hey there.

Expecting a reply within two hours is a bit optimistic given the fact, that devs on this forum are from all around the world. But at least in North America it's in the middle of the night right now...

So, let's get to your questions:

1. Ripple does - of course - support JS. It's an emulator built for testing your HTML5 projects - including their HTML, CSS and JavaScript parts. ("A browser based, platform agnostic mobile application development and testing tool." - Source)
  2. By WebWorks do you mean the WebWorks SDK - which you will absolutely need to package and sign you applications for BB10 - or do you mean the WebWorks client library written in JavaScript - which you only need if you want to use hardware- or platform-specific features?
  3. I would suggest you read the following two tutorials. They will show you what and how to do.
    1. Installing all the stuff required for WebWorks / BB10
    2. Creating Hello World project & packaging

As a friendly note: Yelling will probably not improve the response times in this forum. Smiley Wink

- - -
My approved apps @ App World
Developer

First things first there was no yelling from my side it was a little coaxing to get a quick rep

What i had done was 

• Deployed my app on a local server 
  • turne the ripple on
  • When trying to build on the ripple it wasnt able to package my app or rather build it
  • Then after searching through several forums i found that ripple doesnt support Js as of now, the feature is disabled for now
  • So i am in a fix of how do developers go about developing apps having .Js  files since webworks plugin for eclipse has been also disabled and ripple is not supporting .js files.
  • I have no clue hw to do it through command lineI 

I have to develop a application having a .js files for smartphones not blackberry10

Also is phonegap or cordova a possible answer

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: o2 (de)

"When trying to build on the ripple it wasnt able to package my app or rather build it"

What is the error message you are getting?

"Then after searching through several forums i found that ripple doesnt support Js as of now, the feature is disabled for now"

Since I used to for testing and deploying all of my WebWorks apps, it's a little hard to believe that somebody states otherwise. Please provide a link to a credible source telling that Ripple cannot handle

PhoneGap/Cordova will also require you to package your application. That's what the WebWorks SDK is for. Ripple is a small GUI for testing (to a certain degree) and packaging/deploying. You don't need to use Ripple at all: just stick with the command line if you prefer that.

- - -
My approved apps @ App World