Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

HTML5 Database Corruption !!RIM - Please Advise!!

Hi,

I'm developing an application where data integrity is key, however when my device locked up and required a reboot (battery removal), when the application resumed it was hanging at the window.openDatabase method. It appears the database has been allowed to get into a corrupt state and only when the files are deleted from the webstorage does the application start working again but obviously minus its data. Data loss in the intended application domain is completely unacceptable to our customers, can RIM or anyone advise how to protect the database from being corrupted in this manor, or webworks is completely useless to us.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: HTML5 Database Corruption !!RIM - Please Advise!!

You are not the first to experience this issue. I have personally, and so have a few others that have posted here. The only "solution" for us to was to manually delete the db and start again. I don't think there's ever been an official reponse the corrupt db threads. Search for "corrupt database" or "corrupt db" and see what others posted.