Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

HTML5/WebDB app freezes and has issues in OS2

I did a lot of testing before OS2 launched and it worked fine in all my tests. Only the bevel swipe down had some issues, but they are worse now with the launched version of OS2.

Here's a list:

-Copy/paste is sporadic. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Copy/paste is just an allow tage added to the config file, so obviously this is an OS problem, not something that can possibly be caused by code in the app.

-Swipe down: Simply doesn’t work. See my other post: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Swipe-down-menu-on-OS2-not-worki...

-App freezes for no reason. It can freeze on a simple page with very little code or a page with much code or when just pressing a button. The app uses WebDB. Is OS2 not WebDB friendly?

Still testing as I’m sure other issues will arise. I am not using any external libraries or google maps or anything that can upset this delicate system.

Is there a way to send a message to the QNX/RIM developers to fix the errors and go back to the well written OS1? I assume I am going to get a lot of angry emails and bad reviews now and I haven’t a clue what to tell people how things can be fixed.

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

Re: HTML5/WebDB app freezes and has issues in OS2

Do you experience these freezes when using forms?

The best way to report it would be to try and identify what exactly is causing the freezes and to report it in the tracker, if it works (was broken yesterday).

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Regular Contributor

Was this ever resolved?  I have an app that uses WebDB as well.  It will run perfectly and then, after I have closed and opened it again, it will freeze solid at strange, but repeatable, times.

I have another WebDB app which still seems to function without these issues, which was released pre-OS2.

I have also tried a simple Hello World app which writes one line to a DB.  This simple app exhibits the same behaviour as my other OS2 app.  That is to say, it works fine the first time, and then after closing and opening it again, it will freeze.  Closing the apps again seems to reset the problem, and things function normally again for a while.

Developer

No this has not been resolved. There's obviously a bug in the released version of OS2 b/c many devs are seeing different things happen that shouldn't. Intermittent freezing is just one problem. Hopefully RIM released an update soon that fixes this and other issues so the hard working devs don't look bad.

Follow along some of the other issues here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/WebWorks-Peformance-on-PlayBook-...

And open a ticket to RIM with your issues here: https://www.blackberry.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Good luck!

Regular Contributor

Thanks d_source.  I will follow along and hope for the best.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I have been working on a solution in another thread which sounds somewhat similar to the app freezing issue here.  The thing that seems to work, for as yet unknown reasons, is to remove onFirstlaunch from the config.xml file.

Just a thought and something to try.  Let me know.

Here is the other thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Webworks-app-freezes-on-PlayBook...