Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: Header ToolBar always visible in Widgets?

This would be very useful for most of us... hopefully some one is working on it...

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

We're looking at creating toolbars as part of the widget SDK... something along the lines of how we do menu items now.  However this is still in the investigation and definition phase of development.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

has anyone found a solution to this problem ?

what do you mean by a "java toolbar" ?

thank you

Retired

Hi Thomas-LEB,

By "java toolbar" I was referring to creating a JavaScript extension written in Java that would embed a native toolbar above or below the web content.

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
Contributor

Hey Tim,

Is there any updates as far as RIM adding a toolbar component to the Widget SDK?

Thanks,

-Sefi

Retired

Right now we don't have any active development on toolbars.

Our main concentration is on:

• Bringing the Existing WebWorks APIs included in the BlackBerry device OS up into the WebWorks open source project to separate our dependency of OS builds for additions/fixes of APIs
  • Bringing WebWorks to PlayBook Smiley Happy
  • Bug fixes and providing tooling, build scripts, unit test frameworks to the open source project
  • Making all of the announced services APIs (payment, advertising, metrics, BBM) to the WebWorks platform

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
Highlighted
Contributor

After doing extensive research on this subject, I came to a conclusion regarding header toolbars.

I've successfully integrated jQuery mobile alpha into my Blackberry Widget Project. It works pretty amazing on Blackberry Torch.

Check this out: integrating fixed header toolbar with jquery mobile alpha

I know that it doesn't work well under version 6, but they are still work in progress.

They should release a major patch by next Febuary, and I am going to take a gamble and build my applications with jquery mobile alpha, hopefully the patch will allow my applications to run on version 5 or lower.

Developer
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

I tried to be a smart **bleep**, but unfortunately the focusable doesn't scroll so well on the 9700 simulator. The header does stay in place though ;-)

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<style type="text/css">
body {
	height: 360px;
	width: 480px;
}
.header {
	height: 32px;
	overflow: hidden;
}
.scroller {
	height: 328px;
	overflow: scroll;
}
.item	{
	height: 32px;
	}
</style>
</head>

<body>
<div class='header' x-blackberry-focusable="true">headerheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheaderheader</div>
<div class='scroller'>
<div class='item' x-blackberry-focusable="true">scrollerscrollerscroscrollerller</div>
<div class='item' x-blackberry-focusable="true">scrollerscrollerscroscrollerller</div>

</body>
</html>

Off course the width and heights need to be adjusted to reflect the device type and orientation.

Without the Focus the example does what it needs to do.

With BlackBerry OS 6 and touchscreen devices this works much better.

So maybe halfway through ;-)

@reumerd-- @BBDevGroupNL -- about me
If you like it, LIKE it ;-) ----- If it's solved, press solved ! --- If you solved it yourself, please let us know! We might have the same problem!
Developer
My Device: Red BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Soved with the code posted by Tim Neil, Thanks a ton TIm!!! http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-Development/Fixed-Position-Toolbars-Example/td-p/643949

Josep Maria