Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Headless

Thanks for this post

There's a point to be made

You can do it in Java etc (or at least you could)

With the advent of headless surely we need a similar facility?

Can anyone envisage how we'd do headless WW apps?

I can see many approaches to doing it that don't break any rules igniring the obvious ones already in place

I'll give you a few...

Wake on JSON from server

Wake on timer

Wake on Sensor (not original)

WW has not chance of being accepted unless there is a control that obeys the rule

My above examples are easy but I'm sure ppl wanna do more compilcated things

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Retired
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Headless

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in headless apps. As you may know we ave launched the ability to write headless apps with 10.2 GOLD SDK. However, it is impotant to note that the headless entry point can only be written in native. So for webworks or AIR, you are looking at a native extension. We are working closely with our teams to create a good citizen headless app that everyone can follow or extend.

For the UI portion of your app, you can continue to use WW or AIR and whenever you need to, you can bring the UI portion to the foreground from the native headless process. However, it will need to be confirmed by the user.

I will blog on the sample apps as soon as they are available. Please stay tuned to our developer blogs and to our twitter handle @BlackBerryDev.

Shadid