Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve II (8530)
My Carrier: Verizon

Help with ESRI maps in Webworks

Has anyone successfully displayed the esri map component in a webworks application? I have been banging my head against the wall for the better part of 2 weeks on this and am no further ahead.

I am trying to display something like the sample on the ESRI site contained here: sample. The behavior is very strange as follows:

1. Where the sample doesn't work:

If the html is dropped in either as the primary index.html or a sub page of a compiled webworks app. (Yes I do have all domains whitelisted if that's your first thought)

2. Where the sample works:

i. In the native bberry browser (OS6 and 7, did not test 5)

ii. In the webworks sdk browser if I link to a page hosted on a web server from the webworks index.html page. Which browser is used when an external link is visited?

I started trying to do this as a phonegap app and it works fine in iOS and an every html5 browser I've tried, so then I tried to rule out PG and build a webworks only version which I can share or post if someone is inclined to peak.

The customer is a large government enterprise with heavy BBerry usage and custom maps delivered through ArcGIS so I'm told I need this to work....Please helpMan Sad