Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Airtel
Accepted Solution

How can i create a best UI for Blackberry ?

How can i create a best UI for Blackberry ?

Contributor
My Device: AT&T Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: How can i create a best UI for Blackberry ?

Since this is in webworks category I'm assuming  you want to webworks. I recently picked up bbui.js and have used it to create a pretty native looking HTML5 app. I'm not limited to the framework as I combine it w/ angularjs to reap those benefits. The result is virtually indistinguishable web app from native that's functional and still powerful. There is a BB10theme for jquery mobile if you prefer that(lack of context menu was a dealbreaker for me) it's more flexible.

You can also just use plain jquery mobile and design the UI yourself but I find the BB10 look and feel to be the best.

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C and Torch 9800
My Carrier: TATA Docomo

You can use app frameworks like bbUI.js or jQuery Mobile which are good looking and give good performance. These UIs will save your time on developing a User Interface and give you more agility.

Web Works Developer. Cofounder @ Team Helium.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Also, please refer to the following link for information on best practices for UI.

https://developer.blackberry.com/design/bb10/

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.