Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9105
My Carrier: Telkomsel

How do I package the simple Hello World application and then install it on my blackberry device (not just on simulator/emulator)

1. How do I package the simple Hello World application and then install it on my blackberry device (not just on simulator/emulator)?

2. For the simple Hello World application is still required WebWorks SDK and Simulator?

Thank you in advance

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: All
My Carrier: N/A

Re: How do I package the simple Hello World application and then install it on my blackberry device (not just on simulator/emulator)

Hello,

Your best place to start off is our Getting Started page @ https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/getting_started_with_webworks.html

For your second question, if you want to package and deploy any WebWorks sample to a device, or simulator you would need the SDK as well.

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9105
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Re: How do I package the simple Hello World application and then install it on my blackberry device (not just on simulator/emulator)

@chadtatro thanx for reply..

Okay, but when i go to Bulid > Settings ripple on chrome i've got this msg error:

error attempting to get simulators Smiley Sad

I'm using:

Win 7 32bit,

jdk-7u21-windows-i586,

BlackBerryWebWorksSDK,

Pearl 9105 OS 6/7 simulator.

Actually I just wanted to test , Is the Hello World application can be installed and runs fine on my bb device.

If yes, i want to create my webwork app with html 5, css3 n js with Bootstrap/JQueryMobile framework

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Can you please confirm which version of Google Chrome and which version of the Ripple Extension you are using?

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.